We’re happy to announce the release of the AdWords API version 13 (v13)! V13 introduces several changes to the AdWords API; we’ve highlighted the main points below. For a complete list of v13 changes, please see our release notes.
* New geotargeting options: Target multiple geographic levels (countries, regions, metro areas, and cities) within a single campaign, target specific regions of multiple countries in a single campaign, and setup negative targeting for specific regions (for example, target the United States with the exception of Alaska).
* New reports: Generate Search Query Performance and Geographic Performance reports using ReportService and DefinedReportJob.
* Mobile image ads: Use the new MobileImageAd ad type to create graphical advertisements for the mobile content network.
* Suggested campaign budgets: Retrieve budget suggestions for your campaigns with getRecommendedBudgetList.
* Active campaigns and ad groups: Want to retrieve only your active campaigns and ad groups? Now you can, using getActiveAdWordsCampaigns and getActiveAdGroups.
* Quality-based bid and Quality Score support: We’ve added two new Keyword fields:
o firstPageCpc (first page bid estimate)
o qualityScore (Quality Score of the keyword)
V12 Sunset in 2009
Per our versioning policy, v12 will be supported for four months from today, after which time it will be turned off. Therefore, please make sure that you upgrade to v13 before February 20th, 2009. As with every new version of the AdWords API, we strongly encourage you to review the Release Notes section of the Developer’s Guide to learn more about this version.
Source: Inside Adwords